Business Owners Policy (BOP)
A Business Owners Policy (or BOP Insurance) combines several types of insurance coverages in one convenient plan, typically priced lower than the cost of securing each coverage separately. Business Owner Policies offer an affordable alternative for small- to medium-sized businesses. Think of a BOP as a “homeowners policy” for the small business.
Business Owner Policy Coverage Includes
- Property insurance, including buildings, business personal property, equipment and inventory.
- Business income interruption insurance, which covers losses that cause you to shut down or reduce operations for a period of time. This policy can provide money to offset lost profits and pay continuing expenses. Business income coverage is typically for up to one year for insured losses.
- Valuable papers.
- Accounts receivable.
- General liability protection provides third party bodily injury and property damage coverage. This includes:
- Lawsuits arising from accidents (for example, when someone slips and falls on your business’ property), or
- When your product causes bodily injury or property damage to a customer, or
- When a client accuses you of offenses such as slander, copyright infringement, or invasion of privacy.
- Crime insurance, which covers loss of money or securities resulting from burglaries, robberies, or destruction, as well as losses from employee dishonesty.
- Commercial automobile insurance coverage for rented or leased vehicles.
- Property in trust.
- Electronic data processing equipment (computers).
Additional Coverages Available with BOP Insurance
BOP insurance includes a number of optional coverages, such as:
- Flood insurance
- Earthquake insurance
- Owned vehicle coverage, and
- Specialized liabilities.
However, you can add these as separate policies or endorsements.
The Brunswick Advantage
Brunswick Companies offers Business Owners Policies from a wide range of top ranked carriers. With over 35 years of commercial experience, we have the know-how and industry contacts to match your needs with the plan that best suits your risk management and financial goals.