Interior Designer Errors & Omissions Insurance
Interior Designer Errors & Omissions Insurance—also known as Interior Design Services Errors & Omissions Insurance, or Interior Designer E&O—protects all types of professional interior designers/decorators. Should a client allege that you were professionally negligent by failing to perform professional duties as promised in your contract, this is the coverage you need.
Interior Design Errors & Omissions Coverage Includes
This Liability Insurance protects all types of interior designers who sell or license their work if a client alleges that you were professionally negligent or failed to perform professional duties, or in the case of the failure of your work to perform as promised to your client.
Interior Design Services E&O Insurance is available for a wide variety of professional consultants, including:
- Freelance Interior Designers or Decorators
- Independent Interior Designers
- Interior Design Agencies
- Commercial Interior Design Agencies
Interior Design Services Professional Liability Insurance Protects Your Business
The high cost of a legal defense could put your interior design firm out of business. Your company’s survival and your personal financial security depend upon protecting yourself against the impact of a lawsuit.
Almost any firm or individual that improperly performs services can cause a client to suffer an economic loss—and mounting a defense is expensive. The impact of even a baseless claim can be devastating. Would your company have the resources and expertise to defend against such a claim?
Why Do I Need Interior Design E&O Insurance?
As a successful interior designer, you are a trusted professional. An Errors and Omissions Policy insures you in the event you commit an error or omission during the course of your work. The following scenarios can pose a real danger to your income:
- Advice given to clients on proper décor for a building
- Changes or modifications in design plans
- Errors in materials used
- Improper spatial designs
- Failure to deliver a completed project on time
- Failure of plans to comply with building codes
- Personal injury or property damage as a result of the professional negligence of the designer
- Clients who decide they are unhappy with the work and sue to recover damages
An Errors & Omissions policy does not erase a mistake, but it can help soothe the anger and disbelief of a customer. It helps protect the valued relationships you have developed by protecting both your client and your own financial security.
Customizable Interior Designer Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
Your Professional Liability Insurance policy can be customized to include:
- a Business Owners Policy that includes general liability insurance and property insurance
- options including coverage of personal injury claims
- defense costs outside the limits of liability
- deductibles beginning at $0
Errors & Omissions Is Different Than General Liability
Errors & Omissions coverage is not provided by a Commercial General Liability policy. Commercial General Liability does not provide coverage for errors, contract performance disputes, or any other professional liability issues. Consultants and companies who have General Liability without Errors & Omissions coverage are taking a serious risk. It’s like a doctor practicing medicine without malpractice insurance.