Business Owners Policy / BOP
BOPs Provide an Affordable Alternative for Small to Medium Sized Businesses
A Business Owners Policy (or BOP) combines several types of insurance coverage in one convenient plan that is typically priced lower than the cost of securing each coverage separately. Business Owner Policies offer an affordable alternative to the Commercial Package Policy (CPP) for small to medium sized businesses. Think of a BOP as a "homeowners policy" for the small business.
Business Owners Insurance Coverage Made Easy
Brunswick Companies' team of commercial insurance specialists provides the expertise to simplify your insurance purchase, providing the information you need to make an informed decision. We will work with you one-on-one to identify the business owners coverage plan that suits your specific needs.
What Does a Business Owners Policy Cover?
A Business Owners' Policy combines several of the basic insurance coverages typically needed by a small business into one standard package. The coverages generally consist of property coverage, liability coverage and some additional types of coverage that most small businesses require. Optional coverages can also be added to meet specific needs of the business.
A BOP policy typically includes:
- Property insurance (covering buildings, business personal property, equipment and inventory).
- Business income insurance , which covers losses that cause you to shut down or reduce operations for a period of time. Business income insurance can provide money to offset lost profits and pay continuing expenses. Business income coverage is typically for up to one year for insured losses.
- Valuable papers.
- Accounts receivable.
- General Liability protection provides third party bodily injury and property damage coverage. Coverage includes:
- lawsuits arising from accidents (for example, when someone slips and falls on your business' property), or
- when your product causes bodily injury or property damage to a customer, or
- when you are accused of offenses such as slander, copyright infringement or invasion of privacy.
- Crime insurance, which covers loss of money or securities resulting from burglaries, robberies or destruction, as well as losses from employee dishonesty.
- Automobile Liability coverage for rented or leased vehicles.
- Property in Trust.
- Electronic Data Processing Equipment (Computers).
What Is Not Covered by Business Owners Policies?
A number of optional coverages, such as flood insurance, earthquake insurance, owned vehicle coverage and specialized liabilities are not included in BOPs. However, these are available separately for additional premiums.
Simplify Shopping for Your Business Owners Policy
Brunswick Companies offers Business Owner Policies from wide range of top-ranked insurers. With over 35 years of commercial insurance experience, we have the know-how and industry contacts to match your needs with the plan that best suits your goals.
Improve the cost-effectiveness of your business insurance protection. Contact us